South African Movement for the Promotion of Ethical Outfitters
SAMPEO MISSION STATEMENT
- To strive for the highest standards of responsible conduct whilst in the field. These standards may be higher than any required by law.
- To promote and support conservation by responsible and sustainable hunting. At no time should hunting be detrimental to the conservation status of any wildlife species.
- To keep the traditions of “fair chase” hunting alive, while acting in a responsible manner towards wildlife.
- To influence all involved in hunting practices as to uplift the integrity of all hunting.
- To promote our members to potential clients locally and abroad.
- To influence policy makers and the general public as to the positive role hunting can make to conservation, rural livelihoods, job creation, food security.
SAMPEO CODE OF CONDUCT IN THE FIELD
- We will represent ourselves in an honest manner to clients, landowners and industry role players and will exhibit the highest levels of integrity in our business dealings with them.
- We will not let material gain supersede the principles of fair chase.
- We will not hunt any captive bred lion unless they have been successfully re-established in the wild and are self-sustaining on natural prey.
- We will not conduct any hunting of a captive bred or intensively bred animal, until they have become self-sustained and acclimated in a wild life habitat.
- We will not partake in “put and take” hunting.
- We will not hunt human imprinted animals.
- We will not hunt any animal that is marketed by catalogue.